Rick’s Macro Tips
Mr. Macro (Rick)
1. Use a tripod and cable release/self timer to reduce camera vibration.
2. Use mirror lock-up if your camera has this function, again for less
3. Set a small aperture value (f/16 – 22) for best sharpness throughout
4. Use a low ISO setting (100 – 200) for best image quality.
5. Choose your focus point carefully; manual focusing is best.
6. Use your depth of field preview button to see how the captured
image will appear.
7. “Fill the frame“, but don’t “cut off” your subject!
Looks like a Natural (Katie)
Close Focus (Carl) Even Closer (Ron)
Good Focusing Form (Phil) Tight Shot (Dick)
True Table Tripod (Chris M.l)Got the Shot! (Bill, Al, and Ralph)
Group Effort (Ralph, Carl, Al, and Bill)
Reading the LCD Screen (Jac and Dick)
Handheld Shot at 6400 ISO (Joe)